Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Amo Firenze

     I love Firenze. No way around it. It amazes me at how comfortable I already feel here and walking around. It's not that hard to get around. You walk everywhere and use the Fiume Arno (River Arno) as a guide and you just need to know where the Ponte Vecchio (sooo amazing) is. I wanted to write about Monday afternoon but now after being out and about I know that I can't, because then I would be gushing about every afternoon in every post. No, here it is. I walk past the Uffizzi, the Duomo, over the Ponte Vecchio on a regular basis. I live in a city that has more culture and history than the whole United States smashed together. I live here. Some of my friends have already decided to extend their stays and see where they end up. I wish I could do that. But I do want my degree, so have no fear, I will be back in August. But I may leave again. Already we have friends who are locals. It's amazing.
     I love my school. Again, I will state that the teaching style here is superb. And I am SO excited to explore even further. But for now, the rain is keeping us indoors. Yes, it rains in Florence, and thunders too. But it's still gorgeous. ok I just wanted to throw that out there. Being in this wonderful city has made me not want to sleep. Unfortunately my body disagrees. Time for an early evening nap. Ciao a tutti e bacci

No comments:

Post a Comment